We’re looking for a full stack developer to join our team developing websites and web applications for a diverse portfolio of clients - from festivals to broadband providers. We develop our sites using an in-house CMS built on Laravel. The majority of our front end development is HTML5 and SASS with some Vue.js.
We're looking for intelligent, ambitious developers who are passionate about growing their skills and writing the best code they can. We need proactive problem-solvers who will work out solutions on their own but also know when to ask for help. It’s important that you have the communication skills to be able to explain complex solutions to non-technical stakeholders (internal and external) at all levels.
Being part of the Bozboz team means taking risks and challenging the norm with confidence. We’re looking for people with ideas that demand attention. You’ll be surrounded by experts in digital strategy, design, UX, and programming and will have the opportunity to be part of a team where everyone has a voice and the ability to influence the future of Bozboz.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Full stack experience.
- Strong sense of initiative and excellent problem solving abilities.
- Professional communication skills.
- Experience with version control systems (Git).
- Ability to write quality OO code in PHP and experience with various frameworks.
- High standard of front-end web development skills (CSS Pre-processors, Responsive Web Design, Semantic HTML, Build Tools).
- Experience working with relational databases and best practices to ensure data integrity.
- Experience with PHP frameworks, specifically Laravel
- Exposure to ES6/ES2015
- PHP - OOP fundamentals and an appreciation of SOLID principles
- Test Driven Development
- An understanding of Agile methodologies
- Developing to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Proficiency in the command line and familiarity with *nix operating systems
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures and consuming RESTful web services via HTTP.
What we will offer you:
- A competitive salary working as part of a multi-award winning team
- The opportunity to work on a varied portfolio of clients on innovative projects
- A culture where everyone has a voice and the opportunity to influence the future of Bozboz
- Our agency in central Brighton, which includes an art gallery, was named one of 'Britain's coolest and most innovative office designs'
- Free access to a perk scheme with lots of discounts
- Access to a health cash plan
- Increasing holiday every year
- Clear focus on your personal development and time to develop your skills with regular 121 coaching
- Invitations to the private views of top exhibitions in the Bozboz gallery, free festival and gig tickets
- A dedicated budget for team events
How to apply:
- In 1-2 sentences tell us why you want to work at Bozboz
- In 200 characters, tell us about your last related experience
- In one sentence, tell us what you did at the weekend
- Please include your CV. Do not include a cover letter
- Social handles
- Your current salary and expectations for your next career move
Get in touch with your CV and examples of your code, with your answers to the above to [email protected]