WHO ARE BOZBOZ?
Bozboz are an award winning digital agency based in Brighton. We pride ourselves on our deep technical insight, creativity and strong values. We're obsessed with creating beautiful innovative products and experiences.
We are looking for a new developer to join our existing production team. Working alongside designers, other developers and our marketing team, you will be working on a range of bespoke web builds for Bozboz’s clients, which currently include Love Supreme and Greater Brighton Metropolitan College (MET).
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
We’re looking for a creatively skilled Web Developer to use their deep technical skills to bring our creative projects to life.
You will be responsible for:
- The development, maintenance and deployment of websites and web applications (working across the entire technology stack).
- Working collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams to deliver project requirements.
- Staying current with new technologies and be able to apply these to projects as applicable.
- Providing accurate time and resource estimates to assist in the planning of projects / works.
- Encouraging and adhering to best practices. Testing, W3C standards, accessibility, usability, PSRs, SemVer and Bozboz code conventions.
- Contributing to the maintenance and development of in house packages and libraries
ARE YOU THE RIGHT CANDIDATE?
You will have:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Full stack experience.
- Strong sense of initiative and excellent problem solving abilities.
- Professional communication skills.
- Experience with version control systems (Git).
- Ability to write quality OO code in PHP and experience with various frameworks.
- Experience working with relational databases and best practices to ensure data integrity.
WHAT SKILLS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- PHP - OOP fundamentals and an appreciation of SOLID principles
- Experience with PHP frameworks, specifically Laravel.
- High standard of front-end web development skills (CSS Pre-processors, Responsive Web Design, Semantic HTML, Build Tools).
- Exposure to ES6/ES2015.
- Test Driven Development.
- A competitive salary
- Access to personal Healthcare
- An extra day of holiday for every year of employment
- Work in an amazing vibrant space in central Brighton with other great creative people who love what they do
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email us and include your CV
If you’re looking to work at a digital agency that is fiercely independent, socially conscious and produces great work - we'd love to talk. Drop us a line to [email protected].