We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Web Developer to become an effective member of our talented digital team. Reporting to one of the agency's Directors, you will play a crucial role in the development of our diverse web services.
This is an excellent opportunity for a technical, well rounded and confident individual to develop professionally in an award-winning agency in Brighton & Hove, working on exciting projects in a variety of B2B and B2C industries ranging from Fashion and Music to Hospitality and Charitable organisations. The ideal candidate will have a helpful, proactive and supportive work ethic.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities
- Full stack development, maintenance and deployment of web projects and support tickets.
- Delivery of high quality web work on time, on brief and to budget.
- Implementing technical solutions across all web work in line with agency strategy.
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI and UX designs.
- Providing accurate time estimates for your work.
- Training junior members of the team with appropriate development skills.
- Ensuring all work has undergone thorough testing and meets acceptance criteria.
- Working collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams on client work and agency projects.
- Effectively communicating with clients across projects and support.
- Taking part in client meetings.
- Helping to define the systems and processes necessary for the agency's web offering to be of the highest quality.
- Contributing to the maintenance and development of in house packages and libraries.
- Contributing technical insight to sales pitches and proposals.
- Contributing technical content for Bozboz marketing.
- Keeping up to date with technological advancements in the industry and proactively implementing improvements to the agency's web offering.
- Demonstrating technical innovations in regular team meetings.
- Client satisfaction.
- Quality of technical output.
- Efficient delivery.
- Meeting time estimates.
Required skills & experience
- Minimum 5 years' relevant experience in a similar role.
- Highly technical and analytical.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in client facing environments.
- Writing clear and understandable code using well crafted method & variable names and docblock.
- The ability to debug your own code and that of others.
- Experience in versioning technologies such as GIT and Gitlab.
- Knowledge of interacting with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Laravel.
- Experience with Shopify (Liquid templating, custom apps and the Shopify API).
- Experience with Wordpress (Developing themes, plugins and Gutenberg components).
- Experience with Docker and container technologies
- Experience with SQL (MySQL, Postgres)
- Familiarity with the Linux command line.
- Keen interest in staying up to date with industry changes.
Bonus skills & experience
- Experience with technical CRM integrations.
- Experience with devops, CI/CD.
- Experience with Indexed search technology such as Elastic Search or Algolia
- Good knowledge of current SEO principles.
- Solid understanding of E-Commerce.
- Salary £37 - 40k dependent on experience.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays.
- An additional day off for your birthday.
- An extra day added to your holiday allowance each year.
- Access to the company healthcare scheme.
- Regular company socials.
- Most Valuable Player prizes.
- Supportive working environment.
Joining our team
As a growing digital-first agency, our days are packed with exciting client work, inspiring thought sharing sessions, technical challenges and plenty of fun along the way. We work hard, but understand the importance of a healthy balance too. We encourage transparency and promote openness. We're a company that believes everyone should have a voice and the platform to create positive change. As part of our dedicated team of digital professionals, you'll get the chance to learn about many aspects of the business, alongside opportunities for professional development and progression within the agency. We're ambitious and driven, with great clients, fascinating projects and an inclusive culture.
If this feels like a good fit we’d love to hear from you! Send us your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected], indicating your current salary and notice period in your application.
Bozboz is currently trialing a hybrid working model. Our team are currently working from our offices 3 days a week, with the remaining 2 days at home. However if you wish to work 5 days from the office you are welcome to do so. We have accommodated our office in line with social distancing best practice. Policies will continue to be reviewed in line with government guidance.