We are looking for an accomplished Web Designer to become an effective member of our talented team. Reporting to our Design Manager, you will play a crucial role in the delivery of our digital services to a diverse and inspiring range of clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly skilled, detail-focused and well rounded individual to develop professionally in an award-winning agency in the heart of Brighton.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative and supportive member of the team, with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to work and an insatiable thirst for all things design.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities
- Producing structured, clean and fit for purpose designs to meet the brief and follow industry best practices.
- Delivering work to the highest standard on time and on budget.
- Translating client objectives into highly creative and innovative solutions for new and existing clients.
- Creating consistent style guides for components on new projects.
- Participating in the ideation of design projects, producing standardised UX deliverables including sitemaps, user journeys and interactive wireframes.
- Working in partnership with the Project and Account Managers to define issues, solutions, requirements and prioritise workflows.
- Taking part in and leading client meetings where required.
- Working with the commercial team to input on proposals where required to help deliver account growth and win new business.
- Supporting concept developments, taking into account existing capabilities and technical roadmaps / architecture.
- Maintaining awareness of new technologies as well as looking for opportunities to innovate and develop new techniques.
- Client satisfaction related to design quality
- Time spent vs. quoted on design work
- Utilisation rate vs. target
Required skills & experience
- Minimum 3 years' relevant agency/freelance or inhouse experience in a similar role.
- Highly skilled and creative.
- Excellent knowledge of current UX & UI design trends.
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in client facing environments.
- Fluent in web design software, including Figma, Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Keen interest in staying up to date with industry changes.
Bonus skills & experience
- Experience with Wordpress.
- Experience with Shopify.
- Experience with HubSpot.
- Experience using project management software for task and time tracking.
- Salary £25,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays.
- An additional day off for your birthday.
- An extra day added to your holiday allowance each year.
- Access to company healthcare scheme.
- Regular company socials.
- Most Valuable Player prizes.
- Supportive working environment.
Joining our team
As a growing digital-first agency, our days are packed with exciting client work, inspiring thought sharing sessions, technical challenges and plenty of fun along the way. We work hard, but understand the importance of a healthy balance too. We encourage transparency and promote openness. We're a company that believes everyone should have a voice and the platform to create positive change. As part of our dedicated team of digital professionals, you'll get the chance to learn about many aspects of the business, alongside opportunities for professional development and progression within the agency. We're ambitious and driven, with great clients, fascinating projects and an inclusive culture.
If this feels like a good fit we’d love to hear from you! Send us your CV and Portfolio or samples of work along with a covering letter to [email protected], indicating your current salary and notice period in your application.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation the majority of our team are working remotely. We have accommodated our office in line with social distancing best practice and have a process in place should any of the team have a need to work from the office. Policies will continue to be reviewed in line with government guidance.
No recruiters please!