1. Ensure your website is ready to handle the seasonal traffic. Check all the links work and Christmas assets are uploaded and ready.
2. Create a separate content calendar for your festive campaign.
3. Pull in last year’s Christmas data to target people based on last year’s conversions.
4. Create content with appropriate hashtags and festive graphics that reflect your brand.
5. Create a competition across email, social channels and your website to draw engagement and drive traffic.
6. Mix up your content with an advent calendar, rewards for loyal customers or a festive giveaway.
7. Schedule social media posts in advance to ensure staff don’t have to work over Christmas.
8. Schedule a blog to welcome the new year, featuring user generated content that celebrates the year gone by.
9. Analyse pre-holiday campaign data to effectively implement post-holiday remarketing tactics.
10. Send January sales messages with exclusive offers for email subscribers.
Inspired to start your festive preparations? Download and print the checklist to guide you through the Christmas season.